Sunday, August 21, 2005


Another farewell supper for another close friend... YL's heading to the US to join her husband, LH, who will be doing his PhD there. Aside from it being our first post-midnight supper ever and over some of the best soya bean drinks and you tiao, it was also a special ocassion as we had the rare honour of KB and Eric coming along! For those who are wondering, the name of the place is Yong He, along Geylang Road and besides some of the best and freshest... err... delights in Singapore. I've been around a few places in the world... and it is true that good food is nearly always found near red light districts. :p

My second farewell in a week. Seems like everyone's moving on. CF changed her job this year and I think it has done her a lot of good. Besides the promotion and other perks (I love the new C-class!), she's found someone special there too. SK (who's not in the pic cos he took it) and LH are doing their PhDs and here I am.. still stuck with the same job for nearly 7 years now. Other friends have gotten married, had kids... things that one would traditionally regard as benchmarks in life. Sometimes I can't help feel that I've goofed up... and fallen behind the curve. I'm still more or less where I started off... and worse... cos now I don't know if I'm swimming forward or backwards.

Anyway. here's to more suppers with old friends and new special ones that come along (Sam & KB, its your turn to add one to the family!). I'm really happy for them. :) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home