Monday, May 15, 2006

Centennial Diver

Just received a new Suunto dive computer interface cable from www.customideas.com (a UK company). Its a smaller, much neater solution than the original Suunto serial interface that I have (but can't seem to find). Faster too. Serial ports are dying... so for GBP30 (around S$90), I thought it was worth it (the original Suunto is going for S$160). Thanks Rueben for your fast service!

Downloaded the new Suunto Dive Manager version 2.3. Nice software. Even allows you to "blog" your dive through SuuntoSports.com. Opens up a few more features on the dive com too. There's apparently a master log inside the com that I had not been able to access. And guess what...

It has logged 68 dives since I bought it in Aug 2004. Assuming I dive a conservative average of twice a year, six dives a trip, then I would have had 48 additional dives to my name since I got licensed in 2000. This does not include the fact that most of the time, we get 8 dives over 2 days in Anilao and that I was in Anilao every other month in 2003. My only regret is that I never made time to venture further than Anilao and Puerto Gallera.

Anyway, I just like to declare myself a Centennial Diver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home