Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Diving in Anilao, Philippines


Had a few more days after the trip to Japan. Decided to use the time for a short visit to the Philippines to check in on Steph's family. :) All's well on that front. Pretty impressed by Mom Luz's embrace of IT! Manila's pretty much the same way as I'd left it. The crowds at Ayala Center/Greenbelt have thinned... probably due to newer joints and hangout places emerging in the competing Fort area. And the renovations to Greenbelt One haven't helped. I hope they keep the chapel in the middle of old GB1 though.

Didn't really have much time to visit all my old shopping haunts... but I did pass by the Luk Yuen and the link between Ayala Center and Park Square One... the same place that an explosive device went off a week later, killing 11 and wounding dozens :(. The Rajah Solaiman Group has claimed responsibility and the police have downplayed them again, preferring to implicate the ASG and MILF. Ostrich-in-sand reaction again? Like I said, despite the economy being in better shape since I've left, nothing much has changed in the Philippines beneath the veneer of new buildings and new names in the Senate/Congress. :(

Anyway, this post is not about politics and my personal views. Managed to squeeze in a short dive trip to Anilao... glad to say that its still in pretty good condition, unlike the much overdived Dayang/Aur sites. Took the chance to try out a new camera/strobe combination after a friend flooded my old stobe. This is Steph's second dive trip and I must say she's gotten a lot better. Looking forward to more dive trips! Here are the pics taken from a panasonic fx30 (with u/w case of course!) and Sea & Sea YS110 strobe:

Dive Trip - Anilao 12102007

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home